According to Gartner, at least 84% of large and midsize companies, and 59% of government entities have already set up multidisciplinary fusion teams. At least 74% of organizations in industries that are traditionally subject to heavy regulation – have fusion teams.
Fusion Teams consist of members from various departments and disciplines, who work together to develop software and applications. These Fusion Teams have been proven to improve agility and accelerate digital transformation during the development process.
A few years back, all business development needs were handled autonomously by IT department. This came with challenges as the already overburdened IT team had a queue of solution requests from business users.
With Fusion Teams, any business user from any team can combine efforts with IT to produce the best application for the business. Such applications are completed faster, and new perspectives are considered during the building process.
Such teams usually have a definite set of roles and responsibilities, which not only reduces the work-load of IT developers, but maximizes productivity. Fusion Teams are a convergence of different knowledge bases and different experiences.
According to Gartner, Fusion Teams are 20% faster than peers. Such Fusion Teams are more flexible and are better adapted to face challenges and solve them effortlessly. While Fusion Teams can be customized according to specific needs, they are mostly designed to meet the requirements of the project. However, three elements are important to a Fusion Team:
- The culture of the company has to change from competition to a shared mission
- The organization must provide governance, clearly defined responsibilities and incentives
- A strong collaborative culture to empower business and accelerate IT innovation
- The work is divided according to capabilities
- The necessary information is readily available with the team, hence reducing dependency
- The team has complete autonomy with different minds to work together
- There is no speed gap, everyone is equally responsible
- Everybody learns something new and gets to interact with new people hence building new connections.
What’s stopping you from introducing a Fusion Team culture in your business? Improve productivity, increase innovation and save time and money with Reasy today!